My school homework!

BillyBennett
This post is 4033 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats cool Billy is the school letting you do it there or is it a home project?

Had some realy cool teachers when I was in high school.let me use the paint booth to paint my first street bike tank,had full access to the welding shop/machine shop after school for a few hours every day. Never cost me a penny to use school material and got graded on stuff I needed/wanted anyway so I probably put in a better effort than if I had to do the assined projects like the rest of the class.

start a workshop/or projects thread and post some pict of the work.

Bet school is goin to be a bit more fun this year

My homework was to carry out matinence on a bicycle, but I was literally half way through fixing it so i asked if i could take pictures whilst fixing my DT and explain what im doing and they said yes!:D

beats the days of sneaking into the techi department after school to machine up bits on the lathe's and mills - all supervised obvs...

My homework was to carry out matinence on a bicycle, but I was literally half way through fixing it so i asked if i could take pictures whilst fixing my DT and explain what im doing and they said yes! :D

LOL the first day of grade 9 auto shop they gave us all lawn mower's to get running,my friend Tony and I had ours running before the class ended and this was to be our project for the 6 months the class ran for. We had been collecting broke mowers all summer and fixing them,so it wasn't much of a project for us.

We spent the rest of the year rebuilding a small block chevy 350 for his car( a 71 nova 4 speed) and got it in before the end of the year,every year after the teachers just let us do what we wanted to do.I didn't know at the time but both our dads were friends with the shop teachers and had gone to school with them for mechanics trade certification.

Keep showing them you can do more than what they expect and you will have free run of the school's shop's, thier respect and extra help in no time,remember the shop teachers are gear head's too and have a welth of knowlage to learn from. I couldn't have ever afforded to drive if it wasn't for thier help and my dad pushing me to be better .

I've made alife out of fixing stuff ,and a rather good living too I might add.Not too many people can demand 100+ bucks per hour of thier time but mechanic's can and I do,last year my door rate was 85 per hour and I raised it and haven't lost any income.

It's good to see young guys that aren't all about IT crap the world needs gear heads and young guy's like you ,Mat, Noise ,John,Klume ect.. who are trying to learn and need help will alway's be top on my list for help if I can.Its you guys who when the shit hits the fan will be OK in life cause you can fix it yourself or at least have a idea about how to fix it.

Keep learning I still am

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online