Elbow mirrors ?

wallywant xj6s
This post is 3908 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Think about it for a moment.

The mirrors are limited by the width of the bars. Your hands will be holding said bars. Well should be. The mirrors will show you your elbows.

Bikes where you sit upright like my TDR will be better because your position is different.

It has been like it forever.

To be fair the XJ6 has far better mirror visibility that almost all out-and-out sports bikes.

If you mean bar-end mirrors, you could fit some - they aren't that expensive and worth a try. Also textile jackets tend to obscure mirrors more than leather jackets.

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bar-End-Mirrors-Yamaha-MT-01-FZ1-N-FZ8-N-FZ6-N-XJ6N-YZF-R6-R1-600-1000-/111068953810?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19dc39bcd2

Disclaimer: i've not bought them or used the vendor, so make your own choices.

Most mirrors can be fitted with extenders, ie longer stems. More so the kind that screw in.

For fairing-mounted ones like yours, you usually have three options:

1/. Get aftermarket ones with longer stems.
2/. Seek/make spacers that go between the mounting brackets and the fairing.
3/. Find another make of mirror that is longer/wider/whatever you need.

For example, I'm looking for a set of Bandit 1250 mirrors, as they fit straight on to my existing brackets, but have longer stems and wider mirrors.

Thanks NSD I'v been looking for that company.

Task try they http://www.emgo.com/sell replacement mirrors for the bandit 1200 so most likely they have them for the 1250 at half the price of factoy using a left one on my Bandit looks and works just the same Not a POS copy thier mirrors are great been using them for years

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online