Preload settings

Oscar13
This post is 3881 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I'm completely new to biking after passing my DAS 6 weeks ago after never riding a bike before. I have a 09 xj6 Diversion which i absolutely love and am enjoying getting out and about but was wondering what settings are best on the rear suspension preload, I think the factory setting is 3.

What difference does altering it make and what would be the best settings for a pillion passenger.

Sorry if this sounds a silly question but if you dont ask as they say :hah:

Cheers Oscar

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Assuming you have an '09 XJ6-N, the manual sayeth:

Minimum (soft): 1
Standard: 3
Maximum (hard): 7

Download a FREE pdf of the Owners Manual from the official Yamaha website - Just input your bike details and away you go. Takes a few seconds:

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/services/owner-manuals/index.aspx

So nice of you to answer task to bad he has no manners to at least say thanks,I could add alot more but why bother

We rarely get thanked for our efforts. I'm kinda used to it now, so I just enjoy being Mr. Knowitall... or at least Mr. Knows-how-to-download-the-manual-and-look-it-up!! ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online