yamaha xv virago 125 help with carb

This post is 3959 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys and girls im having problems with my yamaha xv 125 by fittin the carb back onto the bike i have a rubber pipe coming out of the frame that fits into the carb that then goes into a splitter pipe for both pistons and i have tried number of ways to fit the carb on and its started to do my head in can someone please help me out if they have done it before please tell me how you did it please cheers for your time diddy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I had the same prob, I took off the carb, leaving the Y carb boot on the bike, but when it came to putting the carb, back on, it was impossible so I took the carb Y boot off the bike and put it on the carb, (make sure you tighten the retaining clip before re-attaching it, you won't be able to get to itwhen it's on the bike) then put the carb, back on the bike and reattach the Y boot on the cylinders, a bit of a fiddle but managed it. (don't forget to reattach the choke and throttle cables before attaching the carb,) If you do it this way push the carb up into the air intake boot then wiggle into place, and put the bolts back in, be very careful not to break or dislodge the 2 rubber O rings that are set into the Y boot metal face's that attache to the cylinders, if you have some high temp, gasket sealer you may want to put some on the face of the metal parts of the Y boot which attache to the cylinders.

Let us know if it worked for you,.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online