Brand new, first Yamaha/dirt bike ever

MPacheco
This post is 3997 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome:

:wavey: hello and welcome!

Sounds like quite the project. :)

Welcome to the site!

Get them hands dirty and im sure your become an expert on that bike

Hi ya welcome where abouts in the country are you,I'm in SWO ( south west Ontario).

Posting picts is a bit of a job as the site has no direct down load you''ll have to set up a photo bucket account and the post that link here,but we love to see frame up jobs so start a thread in projects so we can help and watch :popcorn:

Welcome MP" what you have is the enduro version of the DT250 , taller & faster.... pre-mix tho"

IMGP8052.jpg

http://www.yamaha-it.co.uk/tests/1980_IT250_leaflet/80_IT250_4.jpg

Yep thats IT had one made a great ice bike taller gearing than the yz's so turn in braking( for thoes that have never iced you don't use the brakes just pitch the bike in and slide till you slow enough to get around the apex and then gas your way out) and out of corner pull was great, endless wheelies in 3rd gear with the torque that the heavier flywheel gave, great bike another one I wish I still had.

Another great one of yamaha's way of breaking the rule's of what is road leagle ,just like the wr250f it's a race bike in wolfs clothes to be road ileagle ...

OOps sorry I'm hi jacking your intro welcome again.

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online