is my carb done?

dtluke
This post is 4049 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well folks how are you all.?..

another dilema here ..after up jettin the bike giving it a good service and a clean, new plug ,oil change) cleaned filter (oiled up) lots of new bolts screws replaced as others was rusty lookin. new power valve cables!

-up-jetted to 230 she ran very hot but very lively so i assume shes on the lean side.

-got hot after 4-6 mile.

-ran like a charm at topend.

-souded grumpy on idle (like a 4 banger)

-coming to slow down throught gears and she starts revving up high.

-checked plug and its blacker than soot.

so correct me if im wrong it ran lean??

too much fuel-oil?

so got down to look at the air mixture screw to see if i could get it.

got a flat head and it was stuck in solid tight.

so long story short- rounded it off like an ejit :eusa_doh::shakeno:

took carb off made even more of a mess ,sprayed it with wd40)(all had )..to try penetrate it.

went back 20 minuets later try again just makeing it far worse so i let it be with the hammer and flat head lol..

so... :eusa_think: look at the carb and think yea i could slice it down with a dremel cutter

may look a messy but will get job done :idea:

went got a lend of 1 got home looked closer and thought nah i aint risking it!

reason why is it looks as if the mixture scew is all the way down. and i cudnt get far enuff to the screw. :eusa_doh:

so any one have any ideas comments- suggestions?? all welcome .new carb on flea bay now well second hand. at a price of 65 plus pap. :shakeno::madflame: money money money----patients patients patients lol all getting very low lol cheers chaps..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i would get in impact driver and try that first, or if you can get a hold of the head, get mini mole grips and try removing the screw using that.

i messed up a few and after using the impact driver had to replace them, but now they screw in/out like a treat

black and sooty is rich ,not lean, white is lean, tan is about right.

As far as the mix screw if the threads dont run all the way to the top of the hole (Looking at the carb up side down) remove the aluminum then cut a new slot in the pilot screw with the dremmel at this point either the screw will come free or your into a carb any way .Its broke now so how much worse can you make it?

Wd-40 isn't a very good penatrating oil getting some actual proper penetrating oil will help Worth rust off works great IMO but there is lots of different good stuff I hear alot of guys on your side use plus gas never used it not even sure they sell it here.Also heating up the area will help just don't go crazy with the heat

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online