125 or 250 motocross bike?

BillyBennett
This post is 4049 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Starting up motocross next year, im going to be 15 years old! So ill be old enough to enter a 250cc class

I've never rode motocross, but I've got quite a good feel for bikes as ive riden for 9 years through woods, fields and trials, I currentley have a dt 125, as people have told me i should get a 250cc to start on with motocross because ive already got a 125 (I know there's a big difference between a dt and a yz)

Im fairly tall like 5 foot 10, im 11 stone, so would a 250 be a good bike to start on? Or a 125? Im sensible on bikes im not crazy! Your opinion on what cc I've i should get?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

LOL billy don't let people tell you waht you shoud be riding,find someone who will let you ride the 250 and if you think it ok then by one,but realy the yz125 ridden well can cut lap times just as fast,lighter and more flickable just alot more danceing on the shifter to keep it in the power band.

Also I always say if ya cant pick the bike up then it's to big for you at 15 you might have a bit of problems picking up the 250,my son(13) can ride the wr but not a chance in hell is he ever going to pick it up.

well if ya can pick up the dt then a 250 shouldn't be much heavier,no battery lights ect, so now the only ?? is are you ready for the power?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online