Dt125 lc 1980's removing oil pump nasty surprise

Bartekuk
This post is 4050 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i need to bleed my oil pump today so i started to bleed it but i kept on getting bubles also my feed pipe and the oil tank looked very messy so i took it all apart and gave it a good clean when i got to the oil pump i took off the output pipe and foumd out theres a kinda white moisture in it so i cleaned that and took the oil pump of and saw the white moisture again coming out of the driveshaft into the oil pump i think that its water mixed with water is this something i should be worried about or is it meant to be like this ? [br][br]image-2.jpg[br][br]image-1.jpg[br][br]image.jpg[br][br][br][br][br]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No it shouldn't be like that,and yes you should be woried.

seems to me that you must have a bad seal on that oil pump driveshaft!

not only that though!

you must also have a gearbox full of water and that is whats coming through, so your water pump seal must be goosed as well!

Check your gearbox oil

I think the gearbox oil is fine i did a oil change about 2 months ago as i said above the same kind of moisture was in my feed pipe that is more likely to get water also regarding to the gearbox oil the level of oil is aprox the same as when i did the oil change. About the drive shaft is that the seal that is visible on the first photo or is it hidden in the engine ? Thanks for help

No last time i refilled the 2t tank was about 4 weeks ago and i noticed it needed bleeding so i left it as i went on holiday now i came back and started working on it the 2 stroke i used is carlube 2-stroke motorcycle oil XL

Ok thanks i have took off the 2t tank and the pipes for cleaning as there was this kind of dirt in there but it was not as runny as the one in the photos also as i have a clear pipe i can see the oil but from what i can remember every time i looked the fluid was pure red, i will check the gearbox oil and keep you updated

I think the gearbox oil is fine i did a oil change about 2 months ago as i said above the same kind of moisture was in my feed pipe that is more likely to get water also regarding to the gearbox oil the level of oil is aprox the same as when i did the oil change. About the drive shaft is that the seal that is visible on the first photo or is it hidden in the engine ? Thanks for help

Thinking gets people into trouble,drain all fluids untill you find the cause of water getting into the system as air said mostlikely you water pump seal is gone. for 5 bucks ya can buy a new one and fit it will need to be done sooner or later anyway.

This might sound stupid but does you oil tank have a good fitting cap?

"I brought the bike with the pump on and this is the first time i took it out dont know what else i should tell you about this really"

well at least I know now that you never ran the bike before!

if theres no water in the gearbox

There was water in the 2T tank when you filled it or at least there HAD been at some point, and of course this water filtered down to the pump and just sat there as it had nowhere else to go!

Bleed the pump until clean clear red oil only flows from the bleed,id give it a rinse in something first, diesel oil maybe

and in future it would help that you posted the full details and history in your first post, I assumed that this was a sudden occurance...why wouldnt i?

Help is only a few ??'s a way always here we just need to know the details as Air said. and a thankyou at the end as you did is always a good second thought. Going out for a ride now TTYL

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online