petrol pump game

drewpy
This post is 3934 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Haaaaaah-ley-loo-yah... Took 2 goes, bored before the end of the first.

I have a massively capable gaming rig, yet instead of Mass Effect trilogy, Crysis, Saints Row, Tomb Raider or perhaps even Freelancer, I spend it trying to do what I achieve every time I refuel the bike? Summat's wrong wiv me..... :shakeno:

freelancer? waaaaa i play lot of years this game :D be carefull the dude who create freelancer is working on space citizen, his next space sim :D but will be ready in 2014-2015. I already buy a ship in this game one year ago :P

LOL is thats what your pumps run like? took me 3 19.99 20.02 then finnaly 20.

ours run alot slower ,probably to make you think your gettin more,cause if you can pump 10 worth of gas in 30 seconds what did you get fumes?

EDIT I alwys pay by card when buying gas then I don't have to be exact and carry around a pocket ful of coins,I want the tank full what ever it costs.

Haaaaaah-ley-loo-yah... Took 2 goes, bored before the end of the first.

I have a massively capable gaming rig, yet instead of Mass Effect trilogy, Crysis, Saints Row, Tomb Raider or perhaps even Freelancer, I spend it trying to do what I achieve every time I refuel the bike? Summat's wrong wiv me..... :shakeno:

freelancer? waaaaa i play lot of years this game :D be carefull the dude who create freelancer is working on space citizen, his next space sim :D but will be ready in 2014-2015. I already buy a ship in this game one year ago :P

Or how about the new Elite game that's coming out in 2014? 400 billion star systems, the entire galaxy procedurally generated and simulated. You can be a trader, pirate, bounty hunter, explorer...

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=30

See you in space, AD 3235!

I'll be trying both Elite and Star Citizen, as they're pretty much the same idea. Not convinced SC will be everything promised, but we'll see...

Yes, pretty graphics on SC, but I don't like the flight dynamics from what I've seen. Looks and feels like an FPS with added z-axis. Also do I really need a spaceship modelled to such an extent that it includes a working toilet?

Elite Dangerous on the other hand looks like it might involve some serious piloting skills! (rubs hands in gleeful anticipation).

Yes, pretty graphics on SC, but I don't like the flight dynamics from what I've seen. Looks and feels like an FPS with added z-axis. Also do I really need a spaceship modelled to such an extent that it includes a working toilet?

Elite Dangerous on the other hand looks like it might involve some serious piloting skills! (rubs hands in gleeful anticipation).

Chris Roberts has always been about the bling and the detail. He's been after a joystick space-sim for a while, too, getting back to the Wing Commander side of things.

It drives PC gaming forward again, so I'm happy either way. Couldn't make enough sense of his bloody Kickstarter things, though so wasn't sure if it was worth investing in all these random comoured cards, or anything. Plus he has a fecking weird accent!!

Pilot skillz is "a whole 'nuther" ball game, though - Freelancer was supposed to be simple, but when you end up dropping over a ton on an 11-button mouse and a Nostromo keypad, just so you can pull off *killer* flight moves that require 9 simultaneous commands... That is pretty serious too!! :D

I never played freelancer. Too arcadey. Played the Freespace series though, as well as the x wing/tie fighter games from lucasarts, I-war 1&2, and of course Frontier and Frontier First Encounters. The last two were particularly bastard-hard to play as they used a strictly Newtonian flight model. As did the I-war games.

I've owned a few joysticks in my time, my current one is an old Logitech force-feedback model (back when they still used to make those at reasonable prices!). Still going strong, but I may have to get another one due to its centre zone being a bit wonky. Works fine in Microsoft FSX, but not much else.

I never played freelancer. Too arcadey.

How d'you know it's arcadey if you never played? :D

It has fairly realistic flight, but is still an entry level for space combat-trading stuff. The guide is only 240 pages.

I've seem game footage. That 3rd person view, very console-y! Where's my cockpit goddamit? It's supposed to be a space sim!

That said, I don't want to take away your enjoyment of that game, just sayin' not my cuppa. ;-)

• 3 months later...

That 3rd person view, very console-y! Where's my cockpit goddamit? It's supposed to be a space sim!

3rd person is optional and will not make for good combat flight, as you won't be able to see the HUD.

You can switch between the two, 3rd being most useful for when you're walking around on planets.

But it *is* a space-sim and there *will* be cockpits.

I have the Hangar Module already and have explored my ships thoroughly. Dogfighting module is coming out just after Christmas!

I'm just starting Mas effect 3 having gone through the first 2.

beauty of playing older games is;

a) cheap = £5

B) games already come updated

c) loads of wikki support if your stuck

I'm just starting Mas effect 3 having gone through the first 2.

beauty of playing older games is;

a) cheap = £5

B) games already come updated

c) loads of wikki support if your stuck

d) The Ultimate Editions with all the DLC included, also for a fiver!!

Then again, I have a Steam account and have picked up a fair few of the latest Triple-A titles for under £7.

Heck, I picked up Skyrim for £3!!

Lemme know what you think of ME3, as I'm a big fan of that myself. Played through a few times with different characters and options. Also, make sure you get the Citadel DLC for it - Fantastic fun!!

STEAM CONSOLE will sell like every year in December, entire collections with 66-75% off. so, this is the time to get some nice old games :)

I don`t like mass effect. I have all but I just don`t enjoy this game. now I restart playing crysis 3 (ORIGIN CONSOLE) in 3D (f awesome in 3d on my 47" screen)... yesterday I play cossacks 2, 3 days ago, starcraft2 and before this heroes3... yeap, i still play heroes 3 :))

skyrim... hmm, I have first 6 (STEAM CONSOLE) (don`t know is is more than 6) but still never have the chance to play any of them.

another have I really enjoyed was enemy unknown, a turn based strategy but with a totally new concept about turn based strategy. when I buy it, I was shocked :)) 3 days I do nothing else, just playing XCOM enemy unknown :)). you can download the demo on STEAM CONSOLE.

I wait for assassin creed 4 to come out, (ubisoft, UPLAY console)

...and... just this for now

d) The Ultimate Editions with all the DLC included, also for a fiver!!

Then again, I have a Steam account and have picked up a fair few of the latest Triple-A titles for under £7.

Heck, I picked up Skyrim for £3!!

Lemme know what you think of ME3, as I'm a big fan of that myself. Played through a few times with different characters and options. Also, make sure you get the Citadel DLC for it - Fantastic fun!!

its a lot smoother as i think they tweaked the game engine better. load times are a lot quicker too.

I'm just chatting up Liara T'soni to give her one :P

story is epic and they've done away with the mining bit which was boring and tedious and there's extra dimensions with the war room in the uprated Normandy.

I had to dlc on Origin for ME3 as steam didn't have it cheap

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online