bicycle boxes

Toutsuite
This post is 4055 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks, today a nice police lady informed me that in the near future, if I get caught sitting on the green bicycle box at traffic lights with my MOTORbike, I'll get fined 120 smackers and get three points on my license. Oh joy! I mean seriously 3 points? Like when you get caught speeding? Because it's just as bad/dangerous? Sure give the cagers 3 points when they do it, with their fat arses taking up all the space on the green box but bikers? Come ooooooon!

Grumph. And indeed harrumph...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It would be these 'ere things:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/60-fines-and-cctv-crackdown-on-drivers-who-stop-in-bike-boxes-at-traffic-lights-8635559.html

although apparently this is a London thing (for now...)

Cheers, Boris...

Check your tax disc. According to HMRC your (Motor)bike is a bicycle :yeah:

• Like 1

Obrieans right it says BICYCLE not motorcycle so unless it says NO motor vehicles then you can argue that your not infringing the letter of the law, bet they find a way round it tho!!!

AFAIK a freedom of information request was asked for on how many motorists where issued with a penalty for entering the box, and if i remember correctly there wasn't any at all so TFL are poised to take over the 'policing' of the boxes, if you ask me its going to be just another money spinner

We have Bicycle boxes at the lights in Bristol too but they tend to be red or just a box from the white lines. In traffic I often filter to the front and sit half in it just to get in front of the cars. I've never had any issues here. I just take note that it is 'intended' for cyclists (push bike variety) and give them their space, they don't even mind sharing.

Check your tax disc. According to HMRC your (Motor)bike is a bicycle :yeah:

I don't think the actual word "bicycle" is spelt out in the box, but there is a very good diagram of a pushbike there so I doubt if a motorbike would get away with it.

Just sneak out at night and paint a tank and an engine on it and it will be fine to use then.

In my town they were campaigning for a zebra near a school on a busy road, the council and highways were not interested, so someone painted one on the road overnight... not really clever, but it was funny at the time..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online