Has anyone fitted carbon reeds to there DTR 125/DERESTRICT????

Lewisarron0808
This post is 3970 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to all you yamaha dtr owners :tounge:

Just wanted to know if any of you have fitted carbon fiber reeds to your reed block? there are soon on ebay for £20 including postage

if any of you have fitted them is it worth doing like? has it made any differences to the top end speed or take off speed

as i want more speed out of my little bike :babyha: atm i can get it nearly off the clock 140km

Things i have fitted and done are

Full dep pipe

Earthed the wire be hide the speedo drive

Up jetted it

Also had a rebore as need top end rebuild anyways

Blocked the air box bottle off with tape

Standard Sprocket 57 rear and 16 front also got told to put a 15 tooth on for my top end speed not to sure tho lol

My next thing to do is cut the block thing out of the manifold rubber just waiting on my hex keys to come off ebay

if anyone else has done owt else that i haven't stated that has increased your bike speed please drop me replay :hyper:

Cheers members hope to hear back

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Back in the days of steam I cut the inlet rubber on my dt175 and fitted the, at the time, sooper dooper fibre reeds.

Know whats in it now?

Stock rubber and reeds and it runs a darn sight better for it.

What so you think it will be a waste of time and effort cutting the thing out of the manifold yer?

Well I go with the carbon reeds but not the 15t sprocket as I thought the same lol.

What would you say is the next best thing to do apart from disconnecting the power vavle

Cheers :)

What so you think it will be a waste of time and effort cutting the thing out of the manifold yer?

Well I go with the carbon reeds but not the 15t sprocket as I thought the same lol.

What would you say is the next best thing to do apart from disconnecting the power vavle

Cheers :)

Next best thing to do Lewis?

Stop dicking about with it and start enjoying the ride...you already said you can get it nearly off the clock, If your sole intention is to keep pushing the bikes limits it may not last long anyway before something goes bang

Not an expert but my understanding is the OLD as in f g plate dt125s were the ones that were restricted. Boy they flew.

The latest ones are making the power they are designed to and you are actually tuning it rather than finding trapped power. All you may actually be doing is stacking what power you have in a smaller band so it FEELS quick. But not making more. That is most deffinately the effect of disconnectIng the pv

Do a search tuning dts has been done extensively. Airhead ran a comprehensive thread about it a while ago.

Good point airhead I just wanted abit more speed but I know what you mean about the life of the engine lol

Am Happy with the ride and speed atm so happy days ill fit the carbon reeds as already ordered them now

Thanks for your help

My next thing is defo super moto wheels gunna try fit some aprilia RS 125 wheels as like the look of them on dtr ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online