DT175 blowing bulbs

mcferreira100
This post is 4058 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know somebody who has one..will take the bike there and he can teach me how to use it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

By the way Airhead..if the regulator looks after the headlight..and the headlight has blown..surely that means the regulator must be faulty..or does the battery make a difference to the headlight?..or may be a short somewhere.

The regulator is usually very reliable, most faults can be seen visually, thay need a good clean contact from the body of the regulator back to chassis (batt neg)

The magneto coil that charges the battery also powers the light so if theres no battery or a duff one the voltage can rocket skywards...yeah maybe this can make a balls of the regulator maybe not...I dunno that but for now I'd get the battery in place

Ok..well battery in place..will be visiting a guy over the weekend who has rebuilt 2 XT250`s among others to help me.

Solved the indicator issue..it was the flasher unit..used the one of the second bike and they now work fine. Must have blown riding with no battery.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online