Rebuilt Carb start up problems

LeeJr1
This post is 4067 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

I have a 1978 DT250 all original. About 10 years ago it ran fine but the carb started leaking gas. I did some work for a motorcycle mechanics...on his home..and traded for him to rebuild the carb. He did and it's been in a baggie till now. My boy is now old enough and wants to get the bike back running.

I installed the carb but cant get it to start.....I don't believe it's getting fuel. I sprayed starting fluid into the air box and it ran at about 8000 rpms for 10 seconds or so. Is there something to do to get a rebuilt carb flowing gas again? I flushed the tank and fuel line and put in fresh gas before I hooked up rebuilt carb.

Thanks for any ideas/help. My boy is chomping to ride this thing. I'll post pictures soon....it's all original.

Lee

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Lee as I put in your first post and air head has suggested again the slide must be in backwards,but it should run like that for more than 10 seconds unless you hit the kill switch for fear of it blowing up.Even with the slide in backwards it will run with starter fluid but won't idle as the slide is half way up the bore .

If it died all on tis own then your carb isn't getting fuel,did you open the drain screw as I suggested to see if the carb has fuel in it?

How about them :photo2::photo2: pict's love to see some old original stuff esp if you kept it nice and :bath: not left out in the weather to rot away.

Anyway let us know how you make out,lots of dt fans here willing to help

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online