divvy clutch

cidered666
This post is 6846 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, i'd like to pick yer brains......I went to take my xj600n (the naked divvy) out for a spin after a couple of weeks standing but the clutch was jammed and will not release.

Has anybody got any ideas on how to free it up. don't suggest run it into a wall cause i don't fancy that!!

cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My Divvy 600 is prone to this, and I believe it is a trait of the model. Leave it standing for a couple of weeks and the clutch will stick, and putting it into gear will sometimes stall the engine.

I have developed the precautionary habit of rolling the bike off the centre stand so that it is moving forward as I engage first gear and if the clutch is sticking then that always seems to do the trick. I feel that it's kinder to the gearbox and not quite as drastic as running into a wall!

I suppose that alternatively it is possible to start the bike on the centre stand and then engage first gear, and then apply the rear brake.

Hope that helps.

Andy

Edited by ANDYROSE

after a couple of weeks standing

There's your problem right there. ;) .......although Andy's suggestions are definitely good cure's for the immediate problem......starting it, & warming it up to opperating temp @ least once a week during the winter month's, is a good habit to be in.....& could alleviate this prob due to that oil getting too cold for too long from standing. Bike's don't take too kindly to not being ridden very often. <_<

Just a friendly suggestion......hope it helps :)

There's your problem right there. ;) .......although Andy's suggestions are definitely good cure's for the immediate problem......starting it, & warming it up to opperating temp @ least once a week during the winter month's, is a good habit to be in.....& could alleviate this prob due to that oil getting too cold for too long from standing. Bike's don't take too kindly to not being ridden very often. <_<

erm....hmm.....yes....[hangs head & scuffs gound] I think I will try your suggestion, thanks.

Hey guys, thanks for your help. I put it in gear, as part of it's weekly start and warmup routine, then while the wheel was turning on the centre stand I pulled in the clutch and tapped the rear brake a few times and, hey presto, it's now a-ok.

Just to put you in the pic, yamahead, I took a tumble off it a few months ago & f*cked my wrist so I'm off the road for a while. The bike is ok and so I give it a weekly start to warmup but am not able to ride it.

Andy, thanks again for your help & suggestions.

Hohoho, 24 hours till the fat guy in the red suit empties his sack in your living-room ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online