converting a xvs 125 to 250

Remelad
This post is 4068 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good morning bros and babes...after reading up about my bike I have found out references to the fact that this bike was originally built for a 250 engine.

Just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience changing an XVS 125 ro a 250...and if so what was required?

A friends says just different heads and pistons but im sure theres more to it (carbs...exhaust etc)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good morning bros and babes...after reading up about my bike I have found out references to the fact that this bike was originally built for a 250 engine.

Just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience changing an XVS 125 ro a 250...and if so what was required?

A friends says just different heads and pistons but im sure theres more to it (carbs...exhaust etc)

I think you'd have great difficulty finding an xvs 250 unit. It'd likely be more cost effective to buy an xvs 250