Damper rod tool - YBR 125 forks

Kirill
This post is 4072 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

First post, so don't flame me if it's in the wrong section please.

Stripping forks on a YBR 125 - 2007 (fuel injection) and got stumped trying to unscrew the bottom bolt which holds the damper rod.

When I look through the top of the stanchion with a torchlight, I can see the top of the damper rod has some sort of socket, but I cannot see it well enough to work out what kind of socket size or type. I've tried searching the interwebz for Yamaha damper rod tool but haven't really come up with anything solid.

Can anyone help shed some light on this? What kind of socket has the damper rod on this fork, and if it is a proprietary Yamaha one, can I get hold of a tool for it?

KV

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you have an electric impact hammer the Allen bolt will come out then you can find out the other ends size for re-tightening.

Hi just to say that when I did mine I held the fork in a vice (top) well packed against scratching it and used a wooden mallet to whack the allen key sharply down to break the thread, same for doing it up really, there are some vids on Youtube that show you how to do it you just have to work your way through the dross. Best of luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online