Hi Lee here from Pennsylvania

LeeJr1
This post is 4069 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys.

Came to your forums for help if possible. I have a Yamaha 1978 DT 250 that I bought new in 1978...lol. Still all original. I haven't used it for quite a few years and just got it out and cleaned it up for my boy. About 15 years ago it ran good....then the carb started leaking gas....but it ran. I did some work for someone who was a professional motorcycle mechanic and traded for him to rebuild my carb. Well he did and it's been in a plastic bag all these years. I put the carb on today....drained the dirty gas and flushed the tank and tried to start it. It wouldn't go....So I took the air filter out and put starter fluid in....and it ran at high rpm's for a short time.

Is there a secret or method of getting the gas into the carburetor and getting it going again....I know it's not getting gas. The fuel line from the tank to the carb is clear. Appreciate any help on startup procedure.

Thanks, Lee

My boy is chomping to get this thing going again.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi lee this is the section for just sayin hello,and telling the members about yourself hobbies skilllevels ect..as this is a first post and involves a question your not going to get responces,too many come get answers and bugger off never to be heard from again,not even a thankyou... repost it in workshop after you do a proper intro.

if gas flows from the tank valve then the float is most likely stuck,or the guy never rebuilt the carb :shrug: , at the bottom of the carb is a drain screw open it and see if fuel flows out.Also it is possible to put the slide in backwards the cut out side goes to the air box. Kinda sounds like you put it in backwards.

Welcome lee [ General] :babyha: , my moneys on stuck float valve, the bowl be empty,,, :photo2:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online