Hello every one I'm new to the forum

r32
This post is 4071 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, I'm Steve I'm a retired engineer and have been riding bikes for, mmmm lets think, around fifty years. I did a bit of production racing in the 1960's on a Triumph Bonneville, riding to the track and riding home, not something any one would would perhaps consider these days. Steel rims, road tyres etc etc..... I stopped because I was concerned that a small 'off' would leave me stranded.

Any way, I did drop out of motorbiking for a few years, marriage, mortgage and kids. But have been back riding for quite a while. I'm not as quick as I would like but thoroughly enjoy my riding. I currently have a MKII CBF1000F which I do like, it's about to run out of warranty and I fancy another bike. Been biking recently to France, Germany; doing the Ring one year and the Black Forest area the next. We rode through Spain this year.

I like the almost naked bikes, not a sports bike fan I'm afraid. The CBF is a great bike but I am attracted to the Fazer. I live in the east midlands.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Steve, Welcome to the YOC, You sound just like me!!!! Had a Bonnie and used to race, mostly Brands Hatch (Sunday league) fell off at Druids and had to get a lift home in the back of a mates old van, happy days. Your CBF is a nice bike bit difficult to follow that when you think about it, my favourite at the moment is the FJR 1300 or the XJR both nice bikes but maybe to much like what you already have? Wish you luck with finding your new toy.

:welcome:

:welcome:

Great Intro there, fella!

Fazers are a popular model and bloody great by all accounts!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online