Bus lane cameras

BillyV
This post is 4035 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just got a snottagram from Lambeth council that I rode my bike in a bus lane. On the Westminster Bridge road (camera 138 it any have matching ones), wrote back to say that bikes are allowed, they say not this one! The signage is pretty poor, the same sign as all the now legal ones in the rest of London. Not local so would not have known which were except from the scheme. The reply looks like a standard letter so may not have even read my intial appeal. Any suggestions or wisdom to share?

Many thanks

Billy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Be very careful in future.

We have the same thing here in Reading - Bikes allowed in bus lanes, including the contra-flows, along with taxis and bicycles. Well-known fact throughout the whole Shire Of Berks.

However, a few are NOT allowed and you really have to look at each individual sign to avoid getting caught. I know several riders who've fallen foul :(

Sorry Billy, but as Ttasky says, look at each one individually.

Same here in Brum some you can and some you cant also time limits as well which is great as most people don't drive in the bus lanes when in fact can at that instance so its like having your own personal road.

Forgot to mention - You can try fighting it, with photos and all that, but it will take a while and they might still just use your letter for toilet paper, in the end.

Fight if you feel like it and best of luck, but do not expect anything.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online