New Member - R6 help.

GaryB
This post is 6855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Firstly hello everyone. Like a few in my position I'm just about to do my test and have decided on an R6.

I've a few questions on what to look for and value etc

My friend passed test and brought this bike a couple of months ago, he loves it even though it's nearly "caught him out" a couple of times.

He paid £3000 for it including the new rubber it needed. It's a W-2000, 13k miles uk spec, 3 owner, very nice condition (in my opinion).

I'm looking to buy it from him at about 16k miles and want to pay £2.5k (ish), this is given the fact it now has a couple of new scratches on it, he's going to have well had his moneys worth too.

The only thing that bothers me is at that mileage am I correct in saying it will need it's first Major service? and is the price I'm offering up in the right ball park given the service it will need?

Also is there any buying guides for this bike on the net? I keep looking but can't find one.

Thanks for your help

Gary

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online