Trip meter advice?

steph g
This post is 3941 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

The trip meter on my XVS 125 is playing up.

All the numbers turn at the same time & at the same speed so all I'm getting is a row of 1's, 2's etc.

Any idea how to fix? Don't use it much but it would be handy when going distance.

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do you not use it to keep track of mileage done and thus fuel remaining?

I assume you've tried spinning the reset dial a few cycles to see if that realigns everything?

Also check your speedo cable, see if it's nicked, split, or if the internals have sheared.

Wind it to 00000 and then leave it alone it will sort itself out from there!!!!!!! :spin2:

Remove the speedo cable and give it a good shot of wd 40,,up through th hole the cable fits in,your dials are stuck together and rotating as 1 or your speedo is just about ducked from winter/wet riding.

Tiny little springs in there, that must be buggered if spraying it dosent work

The speedo and odometer all work fine it's just the trip meter.
I've just been topping it up every couple of weeks and keeping an eye on the mile via the odometer.

I'll try the WD40 and see what happens. Been like this since I first got it but looking to get a day away from the family and do a bit of distance. Would be useful at that point.

Cheers guys.