XVS Dragstar 125 won't start. Please Help.

EasyBoy
This post is 4074 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello there.

I am just starting my adventure with motorbikes and I've bought myself XVS Dragstar 125 recently. It was starting and going fine, however it doesn't start anymore. When I try to start, I press the ignition button and then try to give it some throttle. And here is the problem as the throttle doesn't react at all, but then I can smell some petrol as if it was coming out of somewhere. I've been asking around about this problem, and I've heard that the bike sucked up too much petrol from the tank or something like that?.What could this be, what am I doing wrong and any ideas how I could resolve this problem?

Thanks for your help :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

An Intro in the New Members section is usually the polite way to go about getting assistance here, chap. Our assistance is free, so all we ask is a touch of manners (or 'Nettiquette) to start with ;)

Oh yeah sorry. Didn't notice that in the first place. My bad.

I've been reading about my bike a little and saw that it wasn't set to prime. Then when I tried starting it, the noise it made was like the one of an old horn as someone on this forum has already stated. So I've changed the battery and it doesn't make that noise anymore however, it still doesn't start. Could it be spark plugs or anything else?

Yeh , get the plugs out , :yeah: then crank it over without plugs, to empty cylinders,, your oil will be contaminated too. check & change,

then inspect the petcock ,as it must be passing, . before intalling plugs check for spark,, incase your on wrong problem,,, .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online