1997 SRX 400

virgil_hilts
This post is 4078 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All. I was wondering if anyone could help me:

I am looking to purchase an SRX 400 (electric start version) for my wife to do her A2 training on. The reason for this is because it is so small and she can manage it relatively easily where the school bikes are all way too large for her.

It is 398CC which is fine but it needs to be a minimum of 33BHP to qualify under the new A2 rules for her to do her test on it.

Does anyone have any information on the official BHP / KW output of this bike please? I have googled it to death and cant find any solid information.

Much appreciated. :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

33hp @7000rpm, apparently.

Most 400cc bikes seem to be around the 33bhp mark. The Yamaha XJ400 is a fantastic bike for this exact purpose!

Google is your friend.

Its what you believe though. I did see that but you dont know if its true or not as its not official. Was hoping someone on here would know something official because if its 32.9 BHP for example, it wont qualify until after December this year when the rules change again.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online