SR 125 Top end Rattle

Nightfirez
This post is 3998 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey ya

My SR 125 has developed a Top end rattle so i striped it down to check the clearance and found this to be out of tolerance by about 2.5 / 3 mm

with the amount of play there was at TDC

any way i loosened off the lock nut and took out the adjuster to find on closer inspection there appeared to be chips missing out of it and it been hammered out of shape no biggie Ive ordered some new ones

any way for the time been i adjusted the clearance back to with in spec put the bike back together and it was running sweet as a nut so i know ive solved the problem but possibly not found the root cause of it at the moment i am assuming that over time they have just worked loose or just due to the nature of the pressures the parts would be under a consent hammering action this would be semi normal wear and tear exaggerated by the extra gap while they were out of adjustment

but i am wondering if i should replace the valve end parts Cotters ect they look OK to me but been honest im more of a 2T person than a 4T well with regards to working on them at least

is there anything else i should look for

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

no idea what you just replaced as you didn't actually mention it!

what worked loose?

the valves are pretty good unless they hit the top of the piston for some reason and then they bend. things like collets (cotters to you?) will be fine unless damaged

DOH that might help wouldnt it

i just bought replacement adjustment screws as to me the ends of these look a little mashed

they arived today so just installing them now

was really just wondering if i should need to do any of the other parts but it looks to me like just the end of the adjusters have taken a pounding with there been too much clearance gap since its stripped ill take some pics and post them might be easier :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online