dt 125 re lost all electrics

robertdtr
This post is 4087 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello ,

I have an 07 dt 125 re which has an aftermarket tail tidy with led brake light which I was using along with the standard brake light. The led light would turn off when the brake was applied and the standard would light up like normal so today I decided to disconnect the led light and once I done this and turned on the ignition nothing happened. I'm not very familiar with electrics so any help is appreciated !

Robert.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I assume each light has two terminals/connectors each?

First, reconnect everything and see if the bike will start up. If so, good. If not, shout and we'll look at that.

See if you can trace where the LED one is patched into. I'd think it should use the same wires as the main brake light. If not, shout and we'll look at that.

Problem sorted now cheers fuse had blew . The led was wired in with the original brake light but I couldnt get them both to light up when brakes are applied im guessing that the original draws the current away from the led ??

Cheers.