Stellite application

drewpy
This post is 4083 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, getting somewhere now on this selector fork

what I need is the fork to be stellite welded and reground to specs.

What I need to know is, does anyone recommend anywhere that can do it?

All i can find is some multimillion pound dynasty who would charge the cost bike to do the job

Drewps

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cant recomed anyone your way but any shop who recondition cam shafts can spray weld it,weather they will is another story, and then you you could get it ground at any machine shop with a surface grinder.

Competiton cams in the USA is about the first place that come to mind but I can ask around and see if any one closer to me does cams.

Edit A guy I work with his brother owns a race eng machine shop I will ask tomorrow if he can suggest someone else who does spray welding,he got a cylinder re cromed for me a few years ago so he probably know's someone

Not sure where you are in the UK but there is a company in Leicester that does stellite welding, used to be called A J Sosby, think they are now called T G Brown Welding Services Ltd

thats ok Andy. But look on the bright side. Now you have said it out loud it will get easier.

Were on your side...

nice

thats ok Andy. But look on the bright side. Now you have said it out loud it will get easier.

Were on your side...

were on my side? so your not any more :bawling:

My apostrophies for the bad grammer :-)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online