I Ask You

iandouglas
This post is 4076 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Some of you know that I like a cafe in Hungerford, well it's not a cafe, it's a Deli

Call in two days ago on my trip to Bude for a quick snack and cup of tea, different woman there this time to the one usually

All goes well, park up outside as per picture below, my mirror is slightly loose

so I decide to put a bit of pvc tape on as a temporary method of holding it...but I haven't got anything to cut the tape to length

as i'm paying the bill I ask the woman serving if I can borrow some scissors, 'you're not going to stab with them are you' she says

I think is she joking? No not entirely I decide so I just say 'of course not, I just want to cut this tape, here - you do it'

a1k0nd.jpg

that's my hi viz jacket from work - can't miss it :spin2:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Other possible responses:

"No, but I am going to run with them!".

"Depends how much my bill comes to..."

"Only a little bit!".

I and twenty-odd of my biker brethren have been in full-on, road-stained leather kit and trooped into a fairly posh Hungerford high street restaurant for a meal, without so much as a second glance from anyone.

I therefore believe she was joking.

You're quite a serious lad, aren't you?

serious? maybe - slightly crazed looking maybe hence the question

yes perhaps I do take these things to heart when I should be more thick skinned

anyhow it's put me off the place,

wasn't cheap either plus I had to wait ages for her to sort out the previous customer

moan groan winge :spin2:

and another thing, Anna who is the normal person serving lets you read the paper she leaves out

when I asked the woman there the day before y/day she looked blank, we dion't do papers she said

i thought yes I know you don't sell them but kept quiet

Its Hungerford dude, full of grockels, particularly if you are on the east side of the high street, those of us that have attempted to make the jump to civilisation are on the other side!

The down gate pub is nice for a shandy and a spot of dinner in the evening on your way home, lovely scenery on days like today too :)

Alternatively there's the three swans (technically a hotel but with a restaurant), Tutti Pole tea room down by the bridge (must be claiming the state pension to enter), what was formerly The Three Cooks opposite the newsagent but has no seating inside, or the kebab shop down by the river.

choices are limited in hungerford dude :/

Other possible responses:

"No, but I am going to run with them!".

"Depends how much my bill comes to..."

"Only a little bit!".

"you can cut that out" Ttasky

"Nah, I got this large knoife 'ere fer doin' that..." :D

To which she ought to respond, "That's not a knoife... THAT's a knoife!!". If she does not, get her some beers, sit her down and crack out the Laptop!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online