ENGINE SWOP on XV750 1995 to XV1100 1990

charlyfarly
This post is 4093 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

In the sh1t again with my virago xv750 of 1995 era had a problem with the gear box so went bought a complete engine less carbs and coils its an 1100 xv of 1990 every thing fits on nay bother the carbs from 750 and the coils also engine put into frame last night, today i went to put the wireing back into the various places all colours were the same etc till i got to the ignition pick up there are 4 wires instead of 2 from the 750 , have thought of just whipping off the left hand side engine caseing and swopping the pick ups around but will it fire up ok has anyone done this before and perhaps had the same hurdle , any info would be much appreciated .

cheers cf

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I Have not done it but realy it shoud work,provided that the mounting bosses are in the same place on the 750 and1100,the pick up only sends a signal to the cdi to reference TDC( actualy BTDC) so the cdi can fire the coils at the right time. The pick-up is just a pulse generating coil so as long as it's timed correctly then in THEORY it would work. Where you may find difference is the size of the rotor and clearences to the pick up coil So check everything 3x before rotating the motor.

Disclaimer if you do this and it breaks something don't blame me.

Mabey try sending a PM to rex's speed shop he like's to play with that stuff.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online