Too Hot For Comfort

iandouglas
This post is 3944 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

rudely interupting the dubious pictures discussion...

I'm back, early from the planned trip

got down to Bude OK and stayed in a B&B and ready to go onto Penzance this morning

then...realised I hadn't got my phone with breakdown information on it and thought back

when did I last use the phone? it was in the grounds of a filling station in Glastonbury...

retraced my steps and yes they had found the phone, so good news there but bad news

regarding the trip was cut short, however I did enjoy myself (thank you Bippo) and it was

a good break, round about 500 miles altogether with a evening meal overlooking the sea

141v447.jpg

picture taken in Devon, lost in deepest North Devon at the time, eventually got my bearings

rudely interupting the dubious pictures discussion...

I'm back, early from the planned trip

got down to Bude OK and stayed in a B&B and ready to go onto Penzance this morning

then...realised I hadn't got my phone with breakdown information on it and thought back

when did I last use the phone? it was in the grounds of a filling station in Glastonbury...

retraced my steps and yes they had found the phone, so good news there but bad news

regarding the trip was cut short, however I did enjoy myself (thank you Bippo) and it was

a good break, round about 500 miles altogether with a evening meal overlooking the sea

141v447.jpg

picture taken in Devon, lost in deepest North Devon at the time, eventually got my bearings

Cock-ups like this are very much the bread-and-butter of motorcycle touring. It goes with the territory of having everything either under the seat, in the luggage or in your pockets.

Everytime I go touring I have at least one mishap; it's character building.

Well at least you managed to go for a good ride Ian - and Bude is a nice place so not all bad! An adventure is still an adventure, even if it didn't go quite according to plan.

I have my campsite booked for Saturday, staying near Perranporth. I'm working from home tomorrow so will give my bike the once over, pack, plan my route and leave around 11pm / midnight for a leisurely jaunt down. Will be heading to my favourite beach (Polzeath) first, then I'll just play the rest by ear.