Road Star won't fire

Zuma
This post is 4093 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I decided to fire up my Road Star after it was sitting for 2 years (yeah ..i know). I got a new battery, some gas conditioner and with some prodding it started 3 weeks ago. Took it for a ride and its been ok till today. It just wouldn't fire. All the lights work...checked the carb and it's getting gas when I turn the throttle. Tried to start it in gear with the clutch in and it pulls forward a hair...so that seems normal. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be really appreciated ... thanks

Zum.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Plenty of ideas... however, it's considered a little rude to leap in to a forum with a 'Help me' demand like that.

Imagine walking into a bar full of strangers and saying exactly what you just said above - How many people would even be listening by the time you finished?

The done thing is to post an intro in the New Members section.

Nothing major, just a bit about who you are, where you are, what you ride, any experience you have and anything else that breaks the ice.

We're a close community here, not an online bike repair helpline and have no time for those who simply come along, demand help without so much as a 'hello', 'excuse me' or even a 'please' and then bugger off without a word of thanks... and we do get a lot of those!

Conversely, I've known members here spend hours typing up precise How-To repair guides, source parts for others or even ride many miles to visit and assist in person, all just because the other person made that little effort.

Now, as your post above is one of the more polite ones, I'm inclined to believe you'll stick around even after we help out here.

So, hop on over, whack up an Intro and let's be friends, yeah?

See ya shortly ;)

What he said and welcome anyway, someone will have a fix for you. :jossun:

You didn't mention if you have spark,so do you have spark?

Hi Zum, Ttasky's right do an intro, you may feel your hard done bye as you have posted in the correct forum but it is considered rude not to introduce yourself first! best of luck with the bike & enjoy the forum

Remember the more you put in the more you get out

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online