Hi

rjw99
This post is 4094 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay told its the polite thing to introduce oneself before asking for help, sorry about that, so here goes...

im 33 just recently got my first bike a yamaha dt 125 re with certain mods, never driven a bike before. Heading back to Leeds University as a mature student in September so in an effort to avoid the parking costs decided to go for a bike. Not only that, riding a bike is something ive dreamed about since i was a kid, so about time i gave it a go.

loving it so far!!! except flooded the engine on my first ride out by leaving the choke on :-/ wtf is the choke down for on?? i mean UP puts it out of the way nicely, anyway, had AA out a few times, luckily it was included in my insurance policy.

gave it a good run today after the AA started it this morning, so fingers crossed for the morning!!!

if its not okay ive been advised it could be the piston rings, but members here have given me some really useful advice so if it doesnt start i have somewhere to start to put things right. other than that its staying in the garage for 3 weeks until i get paid :-/ not an ideal situation but blew all my spare cash on the bike itself.

anyway, introduction done!!

oh im in dewsbury, west yorkshire, and provided the bike starts to run ok i would be interested in any meets in the west yorkshire area :-)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi and welcome, some of us are tomorow, saturday on squires cafe bar if you are interesed, 10:00 AM

:wavey: welcome aboard!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online