The most satisfying moments.

wild foamy
This post is 3961 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well peeps, i am a happy foamy tonight :)

Managed to get the FTO down the workshop and re-assemble the wingmirror that was held on with bodge tape, araldited all the mounts back together and saved myself £30 for a new mirror :) picking up a second hand door on friday to replace the dented one which is on the car right now and polished the headlights.

Very simple jobs, but gives me a great sense of satisfaction, what's the most satisfactory things you have done?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I cut my grass this evening.

For the last 2 weeks (hour or two in the evening) i painted my house

None of these things give me satistaction but at least there done now :eusa_shifty:

Foamy how bad is the dent in the door? i can save you load more money than forking out for a new door.

If the dent has round edges and not sharp flat ones then do this:

Rub soapy water over dent,

Apply bog plunger over dent and squeeze it on to create sucktion.

pull on plunger and remover dent,

If small holes remain apply quick sand filler for your local Halfrards

Sand, prime, sand, paint, sand, gloss, sand, buff.

If done right this will take out a dent without damaging the paint. ;)

I got satisfaction last night when i put my feet up in my man cave with a glass of JD, a smoke and my Haynes manual in my hand....................lasted a whole 45mins untill the wife came home from work and said "YOUR NOT SAT IN YOUR POXY SHED AGAIN!!"

some women never learn :shakeno:

dent is pretty bad tbf, covers most of the length of the door

can just about see it in the pic:

http://s57.photobucket.com/user/wild_foamy/media/IMG_00000223_zps9d4e6c19.jpg.html?sort=3&o=97

Theres also a brace running the length of the door just above the dent, ive had the door card off and attempted to push it out from the inside but this door skin is f*cking tough!, whatever the PO hit it must have been solid

also i will be getting my 4-year bonus at the end of next month, so planning to insure it and having some fun :hyper:

satisfying moments?, lets see...meeting the wife was good, at a party somewhere round Camberwell/Stockwell way, getting a motorbike again, arriving home without injury, no speeding fines arriving in the next few weeks, seeing the kids happy, saying hello to the dog, getting a good outcome at work, when it's all quiet and sunny down the bottom of the garden (shed zone) and there's not lots of aircraft about just the birds singing, getting my bike back off the garage without a massive bill, enjoying a nice sleep, ticking a few more things off the 'to do' list, seeing my old Mum, receiving a tax rebate, finding a letter from my friend motorbike Andy, paying off the mortgage even if it did mean raiding the kids accounts....

still it's a nice looking car wf :spin2:

Cheers bud, for £350 it was a pretty good deal tbf, shame they want £2500 to insure me on it -.- thats more than 7 times the cars value!!

Try this, (worked on my mates mums car)

Take off door card,

Get good bit of wood batton (2x2 or 2x3)

Put wood on crease of the dent (the straight line part)

Hit the other end of wood with ammer

Continue up the dent untill "satisfide"

i know what your on about with the side impact bar they are a pain in the ass, but if you can get a bit of wood in there with ample ammer swing range your be fine.

Bike-wise:
Correctly diagnosing something. Posting a long How-To on here and have someone actually respond with appreciation. Taking a corner well enough to think it was perfect. Opening the throttle and actually feeling the forward surge on a big open road.

Others include (but are not limited to):
Getting the first hit in within the first few moments and ending the (sparring) fight right there!!
Pulling off any number of drum patterns and having it feel effortless. Giving silent hand signals and having the dog obey instantly, when everyone else in the class is struggling with voice commands.

Getting the first hit in within the first few moments and ending the (sparring) fight right there!!

I normally like to throw up a well timed / controlled hook kick to the jaw line. Instand 5 points and catches them right off guard. But normally ends up with me getting either a bollocking or a jab in the kiddney if i dont get my leg back down fast enough.

This is usually weaponed, mainly swords and Quarterstaves. Both make a satisfying and definitive THUMP on the headguard, to signal one's definitive early win. Did that once to my mate Bruce in a public tournament. He stepped in, WHACK, he shrugged and stepped out again! :D

So why do you have to get your leg back down so fast?

With a hook kick you have to pretty much turn your back on your opponent thus leaving you wide open. If you dont get your leg down fast you can be taken out as your off balance.

So do you do aikido?

A hook is a sort of 'spinning-back-kick' thing, striking with the heel, then?
Or is it like the Tae Kwon Do thing where you bend the body back and pick a bottle up off the floor from behind you while you do it?

So do you do aikido?

Nope. English Martial Arts, or "the noble and worthy science of defence" as George Silver called it in 1598. Hitting stuff with swords and sticks in a very Medieval/Renaissance fashion, with some old old old school barefist boxing (think James Figg).

Well yes and no, you can make it fancy n stick a spin on it to get more of a jaw / neck snap but yes it's like the Kwan do when you lean down so as you can get your heel up higher.

Your aim is to turn side ways on, lean away from the target swinging your leg out and up creating a hook, then swing the leg back towards the targets jaw / throat / temple stricking with your heel then landing facing front on with your target ready to unleash a rally of face level punches for good measure.

Ah I see, so you dress up like Joan of Arch then!? Ha ha

Dress up? What for? Does wearing other clothing make you a better fighter? Is that why many of them wear pyjamas? Heh heh!

If you mean dress up as in Medieval re-enactment, no I don't do that. It's purely the combat side we do... and it fecking hurts when you mess it up as it's full contact! I have a permanently knackered knee from a tap with a staff. Funnily enough, the guy I frequently punched in the face during my early days was best man at the wedding!
However, I *am* into the WW2 living history, coz the Mrs gets her pretty dresses, haircuts and dances, while us boys get fuck-off big machine guns and tanks and mortars and stuff :D

Also, I think Joan of Arc was 1200s or something, pre-Renaissance... wasn't she? Oh man, I forgot how to Google, so I'll have to re-watch that Joan of Arc version with the utterly gorgeous Leelee Sobieski in all over again... damn you Noisy Boy!!

Oh yeah, back on topic - Satisfying when the current commanding General of the US Army Division that you re-enact writes in person to thank you and your unit for your "exemplary conduct" at a remembrance service!

Managed to insure the FTO for just under £1600!! :D, also spent most of tonight in the workshop sorting out the rust spots on the roof, i was given an un-dented silver door by the previous owner and will be trading it in along with my dented door at a breakers in worcester during next week XD

Dress up? What for? Does wearing other clothing make you a better fighter? Is that why many of them wear pyjamas? Heh heh!

If you mean dress up as in Medieval re-enactment, no I don't do that. It's purely the combat side we do... and it fecking hurts when you mess it up as it's full contact! I have a permanently knackered knee from a tap with a staff. Funnily enough, the guy I frequently punched in the face during my early days was best man at the wedding!

However, I *am* into the WW2 living history, coz the Mrs gets her pretty dresses, haircuts and dances, while us boys get fuck-off big machine guns and tanks and mortars and stuff :D

Also, I think Joan of Arc was 1200s or something, pre-Renaissance... wasn't she? Oh man, I forgot how to Google, so I'll have to re-watch that Joan of Arc version with the utterly gorgeous Leelee Sobieski in all over again... damn you Noisy Boy!!

Oh yeah, back on topic - Satisfying when the current commanding General of the US Army Division that you re-enact writes in person to thank you and your unit for your "exemplary conduct" at a remembrance service!

Yes our Jim jams do make us better fighters as its like fighting naked, feeling the cool breeze blowing through the cracks of your ass, then feeling the sweat dripping down your............................I'll stop there

Joan of Arc was born 1412 and died 1431 at the age of 19............................and i agree, Leelee was very good in that film.

well done Foams, who did you get it insured with?

Ah not too bad then, good company them.

Here you go Tasky, a Karate basic Hook kick. see how much your back is exposed thus the need to get your foot back down fast to counter any on-coming attacks

Or another veriation is if your on the floor like this girl is, skip to 4:37 and have sound on so you hear the contact with his jaw

Yes our Jim jams do make us better fighters as its like fighting naked

So... what happens when a fight kicks off and you're on the town, in jeans and winter coat? Or yer lid and leathers? :)

Joan of Arc was born 1412 and died 1431 at the age of 19

Ah, so just getting toward the Renaissance, then. Coolies.

and i agree, Leelee was very good in that film.

Cor, at the merest mention of her name I start getting warm fuzzy feelings!! :wub:

I actually picked it up because Peter Strauss was in it (I collect his work, among several others), but once I saw her I became a fan of hers too!! Check out Finding Bliss - Bit of a chick flick, but Leelee is seriously horny in that!!

Anyway, derailing thread, here. Will take fighty talk to PM ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online