Rob from Rhode Island

This post is 4095 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,My name is Rob and i'm from the Ocean State,I joined this forum to learn more about Yamahas.I always wanted a dirt bike growing up but never got one till 1995,well it was an on/off road bike.It was a Honda xr-250 or something.I liked it a lot for trail riding and sorts.After about 4 months it got stolen and i never found it.Flash forward to today.I have a friend that bought this 2002 Yamaha wr-426 about 2 years ago with approx 400 miles on it or so.They planned on selling it to make a profit but it sat in their garage for 2 years,this bike is in showroom condition.After talking to my friend we agreed i would buy it for $1500.After talking to his wife she said don't give us cash for it let's trade work for it.I'm a general contractor and its known that i do quality work for a reasonable rate so i agreed. I'm almost done working on their house and will be piking up this bike the end of next week.I'm def stoked.I agreed to also take their 4x8 utility trailer for free.It is in nice shape but it docent have a title.I haven't gotten a chance to check out the bike but i heard it wont start.I hope to learn from you folks and get to know you.I do have a few questions that hopefully some of you can help me with.I'v seen a video on how to start it i hear it an be tricky if you don't use the de- compression lever.I was wondering what people recommend i should do to clean the carb,fuel lines or the tang and is it necessary to do all that?I am pretty handy with things and might be able to do it myself.My other question is about the trailer.It's over 10 years old and has no title and paperwork.How can i register this thing?Someone told me to re paint it and try to register it as a home made trailer.Not sure that that will work.Ty for reading my introduction/questions.

Rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome shakey, :welcome: good intro.. post the question in workshop, as newbe posts will bury it in this section,,

Welcome aboard the YOC!

Lovely intro, Rob!

That's the sort of thing we love to see from newbies here and I bet it only took a couple of minutes!!

A very hearty welcome to the forum! :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online