(not a bike), Project Mumbles! :D

wild foamy
This post is 3923 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps,

dragged my old mini up from my old base last week, it was looking a bit sorry for itself, one of its eyes was missing, various garden life living in and around it.

DSC_0008_zpsd3d67707.jpg

after a few days in the workshop it is now alive! :) (although i have discovered that the used starter motor i bought 2 years ago is knackered), had a slight issue when the ignition coil exploded and sprayed everything with boiling hot oil, but other than that Mumbles is well on his way :), i ditched those crappy sealed-beam headlights and picked up some bright shiny H4 units at a landrover sortout for £3 each, result!, the bonnet still lifts up as normal but you can also flip the whole front end forward for ease of maintanence :)

DSC_0020_zpscd98753c.jpg

There's another very poorly looking mini sat in the car park over here, mostly stripped out, was going to see if i could get hold of the owner and maybe use it as a trailer/barbeque kind of thing

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I fitted a flip front to my mini, but first I strengthened the front end structure with DOM tubing

mine is strengthened with box section braces, they came with the new subframe i bought when i converted it from an automatic to a manual.

Also treated it to a lick of paint today :)

DSC_0022_zpsf18038cb.jpg

my aunty used to have a couple of minis , i bloody loved them!

But i must say i cant remember the wheels sticking out quite as far as yours - is there something aftermarket going on there? .... mind you i was only about 8 or 10 when she last had one....so could imagine how time might blur my memory! :)

Foamy do you technically need bigger arches on that, with wheels that wide? i put some 205 wides on my old corsa mark 2, they were almost an inch wider then the stock ones , the difference in handling is pretty shocking. I think they were just narrow enough to get away with leaving stock arches...just about lol

Very cool :)

they are aftermarket alloys so definately bigger than stock, i have some plastic arches which i still need to put on and need to bond some metal braces to the inside of the fibreglass wings to bring them out in line with the rest of the body.

jobs still to do:

change starter motor

connect gear linkage,

change water pump (its leaking)

new handbrake cables

bleed brakes (probably need new master cylinder seals)

bleed clutch

make some sort of bonnet lock mechanism

completely refit the interior.

I also have a pair of Corbeau Forza bucket seats which came with the car when i bought it, but if i put them in i wont be able to move the seats forward to get anything in the back :(

yeah i saw that one, they put some serious work into that car, ive had this mini for 2 years and its nowhere near what they did!

• 4 weeks later...

honestly its not me bidding on it.

it goes for what it goes for, im never likely to do anything with it so its time i moved it on :)

hope you get a good price foams they can fetch good money, if karma has anything to do with it some drunken arse-hole

will put his month's pay on it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online