ma new ride

gizmo666
This post is 4096 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

not my cupa tea but nice bike just the same.

best of luck with her

Good price for a great bike... and you KNOW how much we love our Draggies here on YOC!!

Enjoy!!

Sweet, low miles, great price, looks in great condition! One word of advice though, you may want to lose those running/passing lights at the front: they'll suck your battery dry before you know it.

Sweet, low miles, great price, looks in great condition! One word of advice though, you may want to lose those running/passing lights at the front: they'll suck your battery dry before you know it.

yup been there

they're ok for very short periods

STUDS!!!!!!! Next your be buying tassels :biglaugha:

well done tho mate looks good (bar the above)

And remember lorries have the right of way.............no matter what :eusa_whistle:

Nice, and welcome back to the Dragstar club, with the screen and panniers included you have a well good deal, I have the soft panniers on mine (crap ones from Ebay), yours look to be leather? Only thing I miss with the soft ones is some form of lock.

BURN THEM!!!!

Looks like you got a fat lass on your fanny pad even tho your riding solo

Saddlebags without tassles, studs, conchos etc look alright. Also gives you a handy shelf to put yer gloves and bits on when you're gearing up. Plus you can go shopping for 'stuff' easier. Ruckies get in the way sometimes and cramp your style.

Also gives you a handy shelf to put yer gloves and bits on when you're gearing up. Plus you can go shopping for 'stuff' easier. Ruckies get in the way sometimes and cramp your style.

I put my gloves on my seat, no need for saddle bags there.

If you look as good as i do.................... nothing will cramp your style. :eusa_whistle:

Mine always fall off the opposite side and I look like a tit reaching over to pick 'em up!

TBH, The 650 is actually too small for me anyway and I never look that good. Not with full-face lid on. I look alright with my Classic jacket and Halvarssons' leather cargo trousers, but I really need to ditch the lid and go round in the leather vest look. Can only get away with that at Rallies.

Mostly, I like the way people look at me/the bike and go, "Ooh nice... but WTF is that- Oh, it's a [thing]... Wow, never thought I'd see one of those on a/that bike!". Function over form.
The only time I look proper badass is when riding along with a blatantly obvious sword-shaped case slung on my back!! :D

Mine always fall off the opposite side and I look like a tit reaching over to pick 'em up!

TBH, The 650 is actually too small for me anyway and I never look that good. Not with full-face lid on. I look alright with my Classic jacket and Halvarssons' leather cargo trousers, but I really need to ditch the lid and go round in the leather vest look. Can only get away with that at Rallies.

Mostly, I like the way people look at me/the bike and go, "Ooh nice... but WTF is that- Oh, it's a [thing]... Wow, never thought I'd see one of those on a/that bike!". Function over form.

The only time I look proper badass is when riding along with a blatantly obvious sword-shaped case slung on my back!! :D

why you don`t try something bigger? after 1000 miles in last 2 weeks with my midstar 950 I can say its amazing easy to control this bike, in city or outside. I can`t believe this bike have 280 kg and 2,44 m

why you don`t try something bigger? after 1000 miles in last 2 weeks with my midstar 950 I can say its amazing easy to control this bike, in city or outside. I can`t believe this bike have 280 kg and 2,44 m

Two reasons:

1/. It'd costs a fucking fortune, relatively speaking and I don't have that kind of cash.

2/. Handling is not the issue. I can handle a 1900. It's my loooooooooooong limbs curled up in the riding position that make it look too small. Seriously, where most people are straight-armed and reaching forward, I'm in a position similar to the DSE pic of how to sit on a swivel-chair, everything at 90º, sorta thing.

It's comfy as hell, but looks a bit silly.

Anyway, I now ride an FJ1200 which *is* bigger in almost every way and one of its many advantages is that it's far more suited to the stupid things I was trying to make a Cruiser do!