One happy clam

bippo
This post is 3989 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can I just say, I'm absolutely loving my new bike! I've just ridden home from Leeds in the rain, cold, wind and fog (over the Pennines) and I have such a grin on my face!

Things are definitely easier with a bigger bike. Although I'd still enjoy a trip like that on my YBR, I often found myself having to divert over the Pennines as there's a part of Woodhead Pass that's really exposed to wind.

Also when I did my CBT I really struggled with U-turns and the figure of eights. Everything else was fine, but I was paranoid about those for some reason. That carried on through to my first DAS lessons. However my instructor was brilliant (and patient) and I cracked them. My Mod 1 changed from being my biggest fear to being a breeze. I always used to say how I'd learn to do U-turns for my Mod 1, but that I'd never need them again. HOWEVER I'm so chuffed to say that I am actually doing U-turns quite confidently on my Tiger. I did one today in fact at full lock.

Last weekend I came back from my parents, and as I was going over the Pennines at 2am on the Sunday, the fog was so thick I was barely getting above 25 in places - but I was singing away to myself (badly might I add). Couldn't care less what the weather is doing as long as I'm on my bike!

My car just isn't getting used these days...!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice Bippo! Good on ya! :thumb:

• Like 1

you had me chuckling bippo, its the same for every rider I think. :D

• Like 1

not all Drewps, some won't go out if its spitting! glad to hear your enjoying your bike so much Bipps, think the weather's forecast good for the weekend, are there any bike event's on within a decent range we could all meet up, cept for airhead he's on his hols

That's the spirit, mate - True bikers do it in all conditions!!

Rain ain't fun, but it's only your skin that gets dampened and you can always dry out when you get home.

Big bike = heavy = firmly planted in corners = better ride = bigger grin, etc etc.

Good choice as well, I'd say. 800 is a nice number and I'm told the Tiger is a wicked fun ride!

• Like 1

Good on ya bipp" weve got heat up here, no sun but warm air, been out last two nights great, weve not had this weather for 4 years, :jossun:

• Like 1

Last weekend I came back from my parents, and as I was going over the Pennines at 2am on the Sunday, the fog was so thick I was barely getting above 25 in places - but I was singing away to myself (badly might I add). Couldn't care less what the weather is doing as long as I'm on my bike!

Well done Bips, I think that you now qualify as a proper biker.

In that sort of weather when you are struggling to move even a mile at a time because you can't see in front of you, every mile is a mile nearer to home.

• Like 1

Great stuff Bippo. I'm glad having a new bike hasn't turned you into a rain dodger :icon_wink:

• Like 1

Wind, rain, fog ..... And still smiling? Only a fellow (dedicated) biker gets that! It makes no sense to explain but real all the same. Well done on the u turns ... It's great when you make those wee personal achievements on the bike isn't it :) they all add up to a truly confident and safe biker I say.

• Like 1

not all Drewps, some won't go out if its spitting! glad to hear your enjoying your bike so much Bipps, think the weather's forecast good for the weekend, are there any bike event's on within a decent range we could all meet up, cept for airhead he's on his hols

Hey Tommy - I'm sure there must be some around here, we should have a look. Failing that we could always meet up on our own mini YOC run!

new bike?, that sounds nice :spin2:

Yeah I bought myself a Tiger 800 - absolutely love it!

Hi Bips,

This is what real biking is about, as in arriving at work in January on a horrible wet, damp, cold morning.

visorfog2_zps8ffe38ac.jpg

visorfog1_zps10b1b5e6.jpg

All part of all weather biking I suppose.

• Like 2

how do you find the bike or is it too early to say? any vibration at all? what are your impressions please?

I had a test ride on the new version of mine and to be truthful could hardly notice the difference but then I have a good mechanic.

of course had I taken it up the rev range I expect there would have been a considerable difference but the deal as it were on test bikes is such that if you damage it at all you are severely in difficulties financially.

Hi Bips,

This is what real biking is about, as in arriving at work in January on a horrible wet, damp, cold morning.

visorfog2_zps8ffe38ac.jpg

visorfog1_zps10b1b5e6.jpg

All part of all weather biking I suppose.

look like you've been jogging with that helmet on :rofl:

how do you find the bike or is it too early to say? any vibration at all? what are your impressions please?

I had a test ride on the new version of mine and to be truthful could hardly notice the difference but then I have a good mechanic.

of course had I taken it up the rev range I expect there would have been a considerable difference but the deal as it were on test bikes is such that if you damage it at all you are severely in difficulties financially.

More than happy to give a review of the bike for anyone who is interested. I have a fair bit to say that probably wont suit a short response here. However before I dive in, can I just get a response from one of the Mods...

Should I put my Tiger review in the new "review" area? Being very aware that it isn't a Yamaha, so may not be welcome there!

Alternatively, I can just add my response to this topic, or another area in the forum.

Please do say!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online