98 FZS 600 - anybody owned one please?

iandouglas
This post is 4104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

1998 Mk 1 Red 34,000 miles. T&T. Just not being used. 100% reliable. New Bridgestone tyres. New front wheel bearings. New brake pads all round. Newish Yuasa battery.
Bad bits (there's always some!). The speedo has stopped working, probably I have refitted the speedo-drive incorrectly after the tyre change. The bodywork is a bit shabby, plastics not holed at all but some scratches.

£850

Saw this ad - no photo, anybody got any experience with these please?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Iandouglas, proud owner of a '99 model .... Ask away

Ps. Crackin wee bike. Commute daily on mine besides the odd bit of touring so use it for most things.

Ive owned a 2000fzs and a 2002 model great bikes

It's just that i read a report of the thread on the output shaft that the drive sprocket is fixed to not having a great deal of thread on it, if the forward cog comes loose and mashes the thread it can mean another shaft. yamaha did come up with a larger nut but the shaft design didn't change with the carb models apparently, i found this a bit off putting. Doesn't sound like you guys had that issue thankfully..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online