Maintainng a 125DT - Advice

Funtime Dave
This post is 4105 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Long time no post....been having fun on my 125DT which has taken a good number of years off me. My first bike so probably about to ask for real numpty questions.

Bike has some rust on it as you would expect just wanted a heads up on what I should be doing to look after things.

Wheels/Spokes - got rust. I have bough some wire brushes. Once I have got the rust off anything I should be coating them in? Any advice for getting off the rust.

Frame - got rust - Again any advice for getting off the rust and what to do after. Presume should paint but wondered if there is any specific paint I should be avoiding or getting

Chain - I got chain lube which I apply when the chain gets dry, using a bit of carbaord to stop the spray getting anywhere it shouldn't

Anything else I should be doing on a regular basis. I am probably a one spanner man at the moment hoping to get up to two spanner jobs soon. I bought the Haynes manual and have had a local independent fella give the bike a once over just to keep an eye on things.

Appreciate any help offered.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye dave " check that chain for seized links, ditch it, coz there about £20. for them dt"s . rust :eusa_doh: , man hasn"t found a cure for that yet, cure for cancer will be found first, :spin2:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online