XVS 125 exhaust

beemer328
This post is 4033 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Although I am loving my baby dragstar the exhaust sounds weedy, any suggestions on making it sound a bit better without ruining the lovely smooth running engine and also not costing the earth as I am planning on doing my test soon I may want to upgrade to a 650. I have heard of someone drilling 8mm holes into ( I assume) the rear of the exhausts, does this do any good and will it upset the running or performance. Any advice welcome, Cheers, Gary

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Drilling does make it a bit louder. It does also alter the performance a bit. But to get the best results (notably so) changing pipes is the better route.

Thanks mate, I thought that might be the answer, waiting for a bigger bike may be the thing to do.

Stock standard 125s usually fetch more money than modded ones.

Waiting for a bigger bike is the way to go. The 125cc displacement can only ever produce a high-pitched, obnoxious sound with loud pipes. Save your money and wait.

650 Drag Queens sound brilliant with modded pipes. Highway Hawks are good, but straight-throughs are DEAFENING ha ha ha!!!!!!!!

Don't like Highway hawks pipes myself. They tend to be single walled which means they turn blue quickly, and tend to rot through. Also don't like the look of them much and they're not cheaper than the other better brands. I'd go for Vance & Hines, Cobra or Hard Krome, or possibly them 60er pipes from Thunderbike Germany.

Technically they're all straight throughs, but I assume you mean the completely baffless ones, and yes they are deafening!

No there not, god your all a bunch of babies ha ha. Straight throughs all the way.

...says the ex tank driver! You've probably lost half your hearing from that anyway! I SAID YOU'VE PROBABLY LOST HALF oh never mind... ;-)

WHAT YOU SAY SUNNY!!!?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online