Project Popper

wild foamy
This post is 3970 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps

have picked up another little project to keep me occupied, Project mong has gone, the FTO has sold and hopefully by next week the Fireblade will have a new home aswell.

Bought this from a dealer who got it as a part-ex, its a non-runner, previous owner said he was riding along one day and it just stopped, he then proceeded to take the side panel off but because he didnt know what he was doing he was unable to fix it, on further inspection i found it has spark and fuel but no compression... i suspect a top-end rebuild is needed (maybe just a rebore and oversize piston), also trying to source a new floor panel as the one on it is cracked

T2eC16NcE9s4PsSNhBReYDSYs7g60_57_zps6613

T2eC16Fw0E9szNW47BReYDys6Fw60_57_zps7416

KGrHqVrMFENYMzBOTBReYC87rOw60_57_zpsf9d8

Was thinking of doing a how-to video of a top end strip and rebuild, and possibly a few other simple tasks, any thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

YES on the how-to videos, knowledge needs to be shared....and i'm starting to think that i might have to join the smokey side one day, and if i did i sure would appreciate a how-to ;)

I really don't like scoots but it's a Yamaha so it's all good

I did a scoot and enjoyed getting to grips with the CVT and its foibles.

wouldn't do one again though been there done that sort of thing.Having said that, they are quite handy for nipping to the shops.

Mike and I tried to blag the Tyco paddock bikes for a tootal along but got knocked back.

Im actually really enjoying all of these projects, each one is a bit different to the next.

Hopefully one day i will live my dream of opening a bikers cafe on the coast somewhere, then expanding to include a bike and marine engineering workshop :)