WR426F brake light

This post is 3972 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, iv been helping my uncle today- trying to get his bike ready for the MOT......and here is where the problem is.....The previous owner has cut the rear brake light off leaving just about 3 or 4 inches of wire sticking out the the rear brake set up- but we cant find the other end.

If the person just cut the wire and left one end logic would say that the other end is in there somewhere but we cant find the other bloody end!

Any ideas where it might have been tucked away or more to the point where does the wire go would be of great help! i checked my XT in the hope that it is a similar setup but from the rear brake it just seams to join into the main wiring loom? and as its all wrapped up its a bitch to follow.

I think we have checked all of the wires that are not wrapped up around the engine area with no luck

Bit awkward to explain without pictures but as i didn't take my cam i couldn't get any!

ANY advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for looking gang :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Never mind!

sorted now- managed to get hold of the last owner and he had put a connector bit on it to stop the bare wire from shorting on the frame or W/E.

We did see it but thought it was for the indicators as they have been removed!

Happy days :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online