bought my first bike and i guess i also bought a headache

cacka
This post is 4111 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i just bought my first bike. it a 1979 yamaha xs1100 special. i figured out how to ride it, and mechanicly seems sound. im a do it yourself'er and consider myself inclined with a wrench..... on the other hand, i have a hard time grasping. and with electricity lies my issue. the bikes tail/break light works but rear signals, front signals,low/high head light, speedometer, and rpm gauge to not fuction. fuses are all fine. cables all connected. no open links to my eye.

ive been chasing wires for about a week now pokeing with that "light up" tool to see if theres current. and yes ive been using a wiring diagram, but like i said i suck with electricity. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, Welcome to the YOC, not to put to fine a point on it but this is the "say Hi" section of the forum, where you do an intro and tell us about yourself (you done that!) but it's not the how do I fix my bike section, you go to "WORKSHOP" section for that. It's ok your not alone in getting it out of place just PLEASE put your question in the workshop where folks who are willing to help will look. I'm sure someone will be along to help out if you wait a bit. :D

:wavey: Hi Cacka. Welcome aboard!