i aint no nikola tesla

cacka
This post is 3970 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i bought my first bike. a 1979 yamaha xs1100 special. i fiugured out how to run the thing pretty quickly and have fixed obvious problems, such as dry rotted carb/manifold boots. whats been killing me for days is some kind of electrical issue. ive been poking wires with the "light up tool and trying to fallow the wirering diagram. but my effort is a completle waste of time becuse i do not get electricity!!! god it makes me mad....anyways so my starter, horn, rear/brake light, and nuetral light all work. as far as the rear/front signal, speedometer, rpm guage, low/high head lamp, and any other light on the bike, its junk. fuses are all fine and there is power in the fuse box. all wires are connected thoughout the bike and there dosnt seem to be any wires that are ripped up either.

please point me in the right direction. i suck trouble shooting currents.....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online