in need of some know how...or maybe know what

cacka
This post is 4112 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i just bought my first bike. it a 1979 yamaha xs1100 special. i figured out how to ride it, and mechanicly seems sound. im a do it yourself'er and consider myself inclined with a wrench.....electricity on the other hand, i have a hard time grasping. and with electricity lies my issue. the bikes tail/break light works but rear signals, front signals,low/high head light, speedometer, and rpm gauge to not fuction. fuses are all fine. cables all connected. no open links to my eye.

ive been chasing wires for about a week now pokeing with that "light up" tool to see if theres current. and yes ive been using a wiring diagram, but like i said i suck with electricity. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Be sure to post an introduction in the newbies section bud, more likely to get responses once we know a bit about you

I'm an engines and airframes bloke myself, electrics are black magic as far as I'm concerned.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online