1982 Chappy Oil Pump

jeroen_decker
This post is 4098 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

I just picked up a Chappy LB50 that had been severely abused. I pulled every single component of the bike apart for a thorough cleaning and inspection. When putting the oil pump back together I had a washer left over (this is never good). I checked all the part schematics but none of them show the internals of the pump (when you get to the plunger and spring mechanism).

I am looking for someone who has pulled the oil-pump completely apart (or has an old pump and willing to pull it apart) and can give me some guidance on where this 1/2 inch washer might fit within the oil-pump chamber. The hole of the washer is about 1/4 inch. When I slide it against the plunger wall next to the spring the pump no longer rotates when tightening the bolts.

I appreciate any help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oprvcxslo7rqb6m/Chappy02.jpg

Thank you,

Jeroen

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I found another oil pump and confirmed that the washer slides over the plunger before the spring. I can only deduce that I tightened the bolts unevenly which put pressure on the internal workings of the pump.

all sorted then,,,,, just remember to bleed pump when your finished

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online