DT175 G Rebuild

mcferreira100
This post is 4112 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Finally got piston kit from Yambits. Engine went in today and exhaust now mounted. I see i need special sockets for these bolts..a wise man told me a gedore socket can strip them. Found that out today on one engine bolt. Been sanding and spraypainting my backside off for 2 days. Learned Satin Black much nicer then Gloss Black. Did the frame in gloss and repainted the chrome handlebars Satin black. Painted cylinder and head with heat resistant black..as well as exhaust. Need to do something with engine covers still..Satin black it is. Wanted to go for Sunshine red for tank and plastics..but my paint supplier never heard of it as they only specialize in cars. Went for a Fiat Rosso Avis red instead...looks good I think. Can`t wait to get the carb on and see if she starts. Will have to use premix as im not sure if autolube pump still working (the guy disconnected the oil pump tank..but not the cable to the pump..so she might have run dry. Still also need to make a plan with the rims and hubs later
Oh..forgot to mention..that kickstart lever has got to go..been irritating me since day one.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds lovely! Pictures please. :photo2:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online