XVS 125 advice?

beemer328
This post is 3982 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, I am picking up my XVS125 today, sale and price has been agreed over the phone but subject to the bike being as described, 8000 miles, 52 plate in excellent condition, last serviced 1800 miles ago. Is there anything I should look out for when inspecting it? how often do they need servicing, is it due yet and if so what needs doing. Thanks in advance,

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Instead of a compression tester (which not many people own / carry about with them) to see if the mileage is true, look at all the MOT certs they give you with it and you should see if its been dicked about with if one says 12300miles and the next one says 10000 then you know some things is either wrong or and engine change has happened etc.

One thing with the baby drag, the rear fender is plastic and is held up by a metal frame which has a very thin coat of paint on it which quickly rusts, you may want to think about stripping that old paint off and re-painting with hammerite or other strong paint to help protect it long term.

Again the inlet manifolds perish as they do on the 650 draggy.

Lets get this one out the way fast...........ITS TOP SPEED IS ONLY 70MPH (75mph max ish) please do not start threads asking "why does my XVS 125 only do 70MPH?"

The pipes are quiet, if you want to make it louder don't drill holes in the pipes just buy after market ones and keep the stock ones for when you sell it, if not just do your big boys test and get a bigger bike.

All the Best

N

Thanks for the info guys, Well I went ahead and bought it, Genuine 8000 miles, 2 mature owners (both over 45) and it is absolutely immaculate, full Yam service history, rides and looks like a new bike. I have only seen 65mph from it but was expecting less after reading posts on here so am happy with that. I plan to do my test in a few months and then may look at a 650 but for now the little 125 is fine,

• Who's Online (See full list)