Settling in to it

mailee
This post is 4112 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well today I went out for a good ride. not too exciting you might say but it is the first real ride on my own bike since passing my test on Monday. I did a short trip on Wednesday but the rain stopped play so this is my first 'real ride' I set off around town taking my time and getting used to the different balance of the Virago to the ER6 that I had taken my tests on so my corners were a bit slow to start with. I then headed out of town on some of the country roads while the weather was fine. After a few miles I found I started to relax more and my gear changing got smoother. The Virago is no R1 and is pretty sedate which is fine for me and I soon found I was accelerating faster and giving the throttle a good twist. At one point on a long straight road I actually touched 80 MPH! then down came the rain which had been forecast but wasn't too heavy just a light shower so I pressed on with a large grin on my face. the rain did stop I am happy to say and before long it was getting dull and looking at my clock it read 8.30! time to go home I thought and made the run home to find that i had been out for three hours and covered 40 miles! When I got off the bike I had a grin so wide it must have looked like my throat had been cut. LOL. I can't wait for my next ride now.

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

WOO-HOO! Ride on. :thumb:

That's what bikes are all about. Three hours gone without realising it and a face-splitting grin. Stay safe and enjoy the many rides to come.

Believe it or not it get's better, I envy you as I can still remember my first ride out alone with no plates and that was a LOOOOONG time ago, stay safe. :jossun:

Believe it or not it get's better, I envy you as I can still remember my first ride out alone with no plates and that was a LOOOOONG time ago, stay safe. :jossun:

Very true .. It DOES get better. I can even remember the first time I took a bike past first gear on an empty road. Friggin best feeling ever :) ride safe mailee and enjoy :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online