XT350 on Spanish Trails!

Pete
This post is 6717 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As it's been non-stop since I moved to Spain 3 weeks ago, we decided to have a day to chill out.

So I thought it would be a good opportunity to put the 350 through it's paces.

I travelled about 15 miles from El Algar to Portman via the dirt tracks....however most of the time I didn't have a clue where I was.

I turned off the main road, followed some paths and came across a huge disused quarry which had tracks right across the mountains.

po1.jpg

Then I came across the remains of what looked like some sort of mine....this photo could have been taken in Wales.

xts21.jpg

After getting out of the quarry (eventually) the roads were quite gentle....

xts20.jpg

Then it started getting a bit more difficult...

po2.jpg

It may not look very demanding surface-wise but these switchback bends are every 30 yards with a serious drop on both sides....

xts22.jpg

I got to the highest point and there were great views across the area...

po3.jpg

Then I found out how I had to get down the other side! :da919:

po4.jpg

I had about 2 miles of that (most of it on mountain ledges), I finally got to a more gentle terrain approaching Portman.

xts23.jpg

A nice little run in 18 degree temperatures! So.....do I miss the UK? No fucking chance! B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Well Pete it sure looks like your out there making the most of it you lucky b*****d! Glad to see your putting the XT through a pacing B)

Then I found out how I had to get down the other side! :da919:

po4.jpg

Piece of Cake Pete!....I woulda left trenches down that with my XT! ;)

Terrain there looks like a blast on your 350 B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online