New Boy - East Sussex UK

This post is 4119 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well not exactly a new boy but a sixty year old and retired and I have 'inherited' a project from my son to restore an almost running 86/87 FZX700.

Being a Honda ST1100 PAN European rider/maintaniner (sorry Yamaha owners) I know nothing about FZX's yet so looking to all you expert members to help please.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Turnip Welcome to the YOC, used to live in Sussex many years ago but managed to escape to somewhere that has roads that aren't full of traffic. Oh and Hondas and Yams aren't that different and as long as you have a manual you can't really go far wrong. :jossun:

Welcome aboard Turnip!!

went to school somewhere down there, Mayfield/Five Ashes - anywhere near you?

Yes Ian - just up the road from us, we are in Willingdon just north of Eastbourne and often pass Mayfield (by-pass now) and Five Ashes on our rideouts

Welcome turnips" :jossun: the FZX is the equivilent of the Illiminator i have , i take it its a 1980s model, looks like a Vmax,,, whats the engine ? a V4 ..